OFA Youth Futsal League
Open Registration Night: November 29, 2018 (6:00-8:00pm)
Online Registration: Open Soon!
League Dates: Late January 2019 – Mid March 2019
Season End Tournament: Late March 2019
Age Groups: Kinder – U14 Boys and Girls
Team Roster Size: 8 players (Register as a Team or as an Individual)
The priority in Futsal is to motivate players in an environment that is conducive to learning. The more enjoyment players experience from their participation, the more they wish to play and practice on their own. While their instinct to play is natural, their affection and appreciation for soccer must be cultivated. Futsal is the foundation to such goals because it:
- Allows frequent touches on the ball.
- Presents many opportunities to score.
- Encourages defending.
- Maximizes participation/minimizes inactivity and boredom.
- Eliminates complicated rules that hinder younger players.
- Allows the game to be the teacher!