- This event has passed.
Summer Indoor Youth Futsal Registration Begins
June 29th – August 10th
The priority in futsal is to motivate players in an environment that is conducive to learning. The more enjoyment players experience from their participation, the more they wish to play and practice on their own. While their instinct to play is natural, their affection and appreciation for soccer must be cultivated. Futsal is the foundation to such goals because it:
- ALLOWS FREQUENT TOUCHES ON THE BALL.
- PRESENTS MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO SCORE.
- ENCOURAGES DEFENDING.
- MAXIMIZES PARTICIPATION/MINIMIZES INACTIVITY AND BOREDOM.
- ELIMINATES COMPLICATED RULES THAT HINDER YOUNGER PLAYERS.
- ALLOWS THE GAME TO BE THE TEACHER!
The sport was developed 90 years ago in Brazil and is the cornerstone of international soccer today. The game is played indoors on a small court with fewer players which allows for rapid skill development. Summer League and Winter Leagues available.